Thank you for booking your residential yoga retreat with us at Mellulah. We are really looking forward to welcoming you to us soon.
Here are a few frequently asked questions that we hope will help you plan your trip to us at either Middle Piccadilly (MP) Launceston Farm (LF),or Merkabah (MR)
Food, meals and refreshments
- Your residential yoga retreat with us will be entirely plant based/vegan, refined sugar free and alcohol free, unless otherwise stated. It is really important that you let us know of any dietary requirements, special diets and preferences, so that we can ensure you enjoy your delicious, healthy, nutritious meals. If you’ve never eaten plant based before, prepare to be pleasantly surprised!
- There won’t be any coffee, there will be some regular tea and plant milk.
- Its a really good idea to start a cleansing diet before you arrive so your body will be ready to go, particularly if you drink a lot of caffeine or eat a lot of sugar. Try to cut down on your caffeine in-take a few weeks before the retreat to avoid getting a headache as your body detoxes on your retreat.
What to bring to your residential yoga retreat
- Its a good idea to wear loose comfortable clothing for yoga and meditation.
- Please bring your own toiletries as they are not supplied.
- For LF & MR please remember a towel for the pool and sauna or your bath towel will get super soggy. A bathrobe might also be handy for the pool etc.
- In the Winter months, its also beneficial to bring warm layers so you can strip down to a vest top or t-shirt in the class as you warm up. Bring thick socks for relaxation, perhaps a blanket although we have spares, you might prefer your own.
- We supply towels for your rooms (not for swimming), you might like to bring a robe for those middle of night runs to the bathroom if you are sharing and not ensuite! At MP we supply bathrobes for you.
- A hot water bottle can be a lovely edition to your packing list!
- Please bring your own yoga mat, blanket, bolster, strap and eyebag if you have one, but don’t worry too much as we always have plenty spare.
- There are no hairdryers
- Bring wet weather gear and sturdy shoes for the walking.
- A retreat is a great chance to catch up on a good book, perhaps a spiritual book that you’ve been meaning to read? We supply a library of our favourite spiritual books for you to use during your stay.
- A journal is a wonderful idea if you’d like to keep notes of your own feelings and experiences during the retreat and also jot down any guidance, mantras or yoga poses you enjoyed while with us.
Getting to your retreat
- Please let us know if you would like any help planning your journey to your residential yoga retreat in Dorset.
- For retreat at MR please check the email sent to you with all joining details. Nearest station Poole.
- For retreats at MP, please follow directions on their website here.
- The nearest station, 4 miles away in Sherborne has a direct link to London Waterloo, Exeter and all routes west. There is a local taxi company that regularly bring guests to the centre, Beaver Cabs on 01935 816620. By road the centre is situated about 11 miles from the A303 – heading east this connects with the M3, heading west connects with the M5 and Exeter.
- For help on route to find either venue for MP please contact them direct. MP 01963 23468 or Saira on 07809 141815.
- For LF please follow directions on their website here
- We have had guests arriving at our office Mellulah Therapy & Yoga Retreats! Do check you are going to the right place before setting off!
- If you would like to share taxis with other guests please contact us to link you up on either retreat.
Your Residential Yoga Retreat is a Digital Detox
- Unless otherwise stated, your retreat with us is a full digital detox, a wonderful way to get some real space and truly retreat.
- Phones etc are not allowed anywhere in the space of the retreat. We recommend leaving the phone at home, in your car or switched off. You can also hand phones in to us for safe keeping during your stay.
- If you must use your phone please do so away from other guests, in your own room or speak to Saira if you have any concerns about not being able to use it.
- If you need to stay in touch with family/children, we suggest a pay as you go sim, which you only give the number to caregivers etc, to give you the space you need.
- Please give an emergency contact number to your family and friends – MP 01963 23468 and SM 01308 456288 or Saira on 07809 141815.
Spa & Holistic Therapy Bookings
- Booking a treatment during your retreat stay can really enhance your experience. If you haven’t already let us know which treatments you would like, please do soon as soon as possible.
- For retreats at MP please choose from the amazing list of therapies here. Bookings are made by letting Saira know, there is no need to pay until the end of your retreat weekend by card or cash.
- For LF see therapy list here
NEXT RETREAT AT LAUNCESTON FARM: