Thank you for booking your residential yoga retreat with us at Mellulah. We are really looking forward to welcoming you to us soon.
Here are a few frequently asked questions that we hope will help you plan your trip to us at either Middle Piccadilly (MP) or Symondsbury Manor (SM)
Food, meals and refreshments
- Your retreat with us will be entirely plant based/vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, caffeine free and alcohol free, unless otherwise stated. It is really important that you let us know of any dietary requirements, special diets and preferences, so that we can ensure you enjoy your delicious, healthy, nutritious meals. If you’ve never eaten plant based before, prepare to be pleasantly surprised!
- Its a really good idea to start a cleansing diet before you arrive so your body will be ready to go, particularly if you drink a lot of caffeine or eat a lot of sugar. Try to cut down on your caffeine in-take a few weeks before the retreat to avoid getting a headache as your body detoxes on your retreat.
What to bring
- Its a good idea to wear loose comfortable clothing for yoga and meditation.
- In the Winter months, its also beneficial to bring warm layers so you can strip down to a vest top or t-shirt in the class as you warm up. Bring thick socks for relaxation, perhaps a blanket although we have spares, you might prefer your own.
- We only supply one small bath towel at SM, you might like to bring another and perhaps a robe for those middle of night runs to the bathroom! At MP we supply all towels and bathrobes for you.
- We leave Faith in Nature or similar, Body Wash, Shampoo and Conditioner in all the bathrooms and en-suites.
- A hot water bottle can be a lovely edition to your packing list!
- We supply yoga mats, but as we don’t like to replace them often as its not good for the environment to keep updating to new, do bring your own if you won’t like to use an old mat.
- We have eye bags and straps but rarely use blocks in classes, if you like to use a block please bring your own.
- There are no hairdryers at SM.
- Bring wet weather gear and sturdy shoes for the walk at SM by the sea and if you’d like to get out in the woods at MP.
- A retreat is a great chance to catch up on a good book, perhaps a spiritual book that you’ve been meaning to read? We supply a library of our favourite spiritual books for you to use during your stay.
- A journal is a wonderful idea if you’d like to keep notes of your own feelings and experiences during the retreat and also jot down any guidance, mantras or yoga poses you enjoyed while with us.
Getting to your retreat
- Please let us know if you would like any help planning your journey to your retreat in Dorset.
- For retreats at MP, please follow directions on their website here.
- The nearest station, 4 miles away in Sherborne has a direct link to London Waterloo, Exeter and all routes west. There is a local taxi company that regularly bring guests to the centre, Beaver Cabs on 01935 816620. By road the centre is situated about 11 miles from the A303 – heading east this connects with the M3, heading west connects with the M5 and Exeter.
- For retreats at SM, please follow directions on their website here
- The nearest stations is Crewkerne with regular trains to London Waterloo etc. Axminster and Dorchester South also offer good access to SM. Taxi Alliance can bring you to the manor contact them on 01460 75089. By road the manor is accessed via the A35, once in Symondsbury Village follow directions below
- Locate the church (easy as Symondsbury village is very small). To the immediate right of the church you will see open gates leading up a drive. This is the entrance to the Manor. At the end of this short drive (with large thatched barn on your right) park in front of the house. Walk along the front of the Manor, with the lawn on your left, past the red door and round a corner.
- For help on route to find either venue for MP please contact them direct. MP 01963 23468 and SM 01308 456288 or Saira on 07809 141815.
- We have had guests arriving at our office Mellulah Therapy & Yoga Retreats in Milton Abbas! Do check you are going to the right place before setting off!
- If you would like to share taxis with other guests please contact us to link you up on either retreat.
- Unless otherwise stated, your retreat with us is a full digital detox, a wonderful way to get some real space and truly retreat.
- Phones etc are not allowed anywhere in the space of the retreat. We recommend leaving the phone at home, in your car or switched off. You can also hand phones in to us for safe keeping during your stay.
- If you must use your phone please do so away from other guests, in your own room or speak to Saira if you have any concerns about not being able to use it.
- If you need to stay in touch with family/children, we suggest a pay as you go sim, which you only give the number to caregivers etc, to give you the space you need.
- Please give an emergency contact number to your family and friends – MP 01963 23468 and SM 01308 456288 or Saira on 07809 141815.
Spa & Holistic Therapy Bookings
- Booking a treatment during your retreat stay can really enhance your experience. If you haven’t already let us know which treatments you would like, please do soon as soon as possible.
- For retreats at MP please choose from the amazing list of therapies on their website. Bookings are made by letting Saira know, there is no need to pay until the end of your retreat weekend by card or cash.
- For retreats at SM please choose from the wonderful list of therapies with either Saira, Stoo or Finola on our website here.
- We will update availability for retreats at SM on this page as the retreat approaches.